Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Lost my grandma today. So surreal to realize I will never kiss her cheeks or hold her hand again. We are headed to Kentucky tomorrow so we can be a part of the services. I plan to write something to say at the funeral but I don't even know how to begin.

She lived a long life even though she's been sick for years. Parkinson's Disease, COPD, and lung cancer--that's a lot to battle for one little lady. She died this morning at about 10:30EST surrounded by her two daughters, my momma Stephanie and my Aunt Lisa. They were singing How Great Thou Art as she was drawing her final breaths and Chris Tomlin's Fly To Jesus as she died. Peaceful and surrounded with love. I hope, when my time comes, I'll be afforded that same gift.

2 Comments:

Sarah said...

Hmmmm...so when I text in a blog entry how do I title it? Guess I should stick with the e-mail or dashboard features....

Henry W. Burke said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds like that your grandmother had a strong faith. Hope you find comfort in that knowledge. Wishing safe travel for you and the family.