Today Skyler cooked dinner, all by herself!!! She made:
Penne with Spicy Vodka Tomato Cream Sauce
SUBMITTED BY: Star Pooley PHOTO BY: LADYJAYPEE
"A nice change form your typical tomato sauce! If your worried about the alcohol, don't be! It cooks off and can not be tasted! It simply helps to enhance the flavors."
Read Reviews (372)
Review/Rate This Recipe
• 1 pound uncooked penne pasta
• 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
• 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons vodka
• 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
• 2 (3.5 ounce) links sweet Italian sausage
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
2. In large skillet, heat oil over moderate heat. Remove casing from sausage and add to skillet. Cook, breaking up the meat, until brown. Add garlic and red pepper and cook, stirring until garlic is golden brown.
3. Add tomatoes and salt; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
4. Add vodka and cream and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and add pasta, toss for 1 minute. Stir in fresh parsley and serve!
MMMmmmm...delicious!! Thank you Skyler!!
Friday, December 12, 2008
Posted by Sarah at 7:02 PM
Trendon has made a great new neighbor friend. They have tons in common, love video games, cars, and boy stuff. This boy also has a crush on Skyler. We know cause he told his Mom who told us. Well, today he's over to play and I noticed both him and Skyler weren't in the basement with us anymore. So, I quickly went upstairs to find them. I noticed her door was closed and the light was off!!!! SO, of course, I swung it open with my heart in my stomach....and they were snuggled up in her bed....playing her Nintendo DS together.....YIKES..... so it was totally innocent. But, I grabbed Zack and he put a stop to it. New rule, friends over means doors open and lights on. It painted such a scary picture of what's to come for the next 10 years. So, when do we start the birds and the bees discussion? Surely not yet?!? Why can't there be a real guide book for parenting.....oh this so hard. Any comments, advice or suggestions are completely welcome....we take all the help we can get in this department! :-) ....deeeeeep breath.......
Posted by Sarah at 5:01 PM
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
On Saturday night one of my best girl friends, Angela, hosted a Girl's Sleepover at her beautiful home! Angela hasn't yet had her own babies....so she LOVES to spoil ours! She bought them make-up and other presents, baked them cup cakes, read and loved on them, and even allowed sticky fingers to grace her gorgeous furniture without even a grimace. It was such a fabulous night. The girls had an absolute blast!!!!!
The girls all decided to wear Angela's t-shirts for jammies....in her drawer she had saved her New Kids On the Block t-shirt...from what like 1990?!?! WOOOWIE Now, Skyler doesn't understand how freakin' fabulous this is but still loved posin while us ladies cheered in delight!!!;-)
Posted by Sarah at 8:10 AM
In preparing for Jake's (Zack's brother) return from Iraq, the family all drew self-portraits on a huge banner!!! We all had a great time deciding how best to depict ourselves and the banner turned out just fabulous! Jake--we hope you like it!!!!!!
We are all so happy that he is returning home, today in fact! Zack and I have been together over 3 years and this will be the first Christmas that I have spent with the family that Jake has been there too! It's gonna be a great year with EVERYONE there!!!! We love you all and can't wait to see you!!!!
Posted by Sarah at 7:48 AM