Thursday, January 21, 2010

Like I Needed Another Hobby

This week I have been absolutely bitten by the bug.


The bug to create something from nothing.


To craft bags, skirts, dresses, aprons, curtains...


pillows, purses, and hair bows...


Yes, the SEWING bug!!!


Abbie received a sewing machine for Christmas and I have had one collecting dust in the master closet for at least 4 years. With her desire to learn to sew I just had to resolve that I needed to learn!


I've been blessed to meet some mommas who are incredibly talented and are willing to be extraordinarily patient with a girl like me with 0 creative talent!


Introducing.....my first project:





Don't look too close at the crooked lines - this was my first crack at it.  Now, I hope to make my 4 beautiful girlies and I a coordinating skirt/dress something or other...  I'll keep you posted on my progress.

0 Comments: