Monday, January 18, 2010

Be Inspired: MLK JR Day

The kids are home from school in honor of the remarkable Martin Luther King Jr. who helped facilitate change in our world. One of my most memorable college lectures was by Dr. John Ernst in American Studies, my very first semester of college - ever. I searched this morning, to no avail, for the lecture notes since it's been 10 years since that class. So though I can't recall the details, I can recall the inspiration I felt in my heart.


I feel so honored to have such a transformative figure in American history to help teach my children about basic life virtues. 

Violence doesn't solve anything.

Stand up for what you believe in.

Set your goals high and be diligent to work towards them.

A constant and devoted faith in God can enable you to lead a life that makes a difference.


May his legacy inspire us to stand up for what we believe in and be a positive voice for activism in our communities.


0 Comments: