Sunday, May 25, 2008

Getaway - Day 2




So based on my blog it appears as though our vacation has revolved around food! Which in some ways is has. This morning we took the Metro across town to a quaint little restaraunt I found while researching DC on the net. Belga Cafe is an authentic Belgian restaraunt. Famous for their Belgian waffles and other delicious breakfast items we headed down for brunch. The food was so beautiful we had to take pictures! Zack ordered Liege waffles with caramelized apples and cinnamon and my plate is Green Eggs and Ham (actually an herb pesto and spinach egg dish with bacon :-) DELIGHTFUL

We headed downtown to see the Museum of American History and it is closed for renovations until Fall.....booooo hooooo I was really looking forward to seeing the First Ladies dresses, Judy Garland's red slippers, and Carrie Bradshaw's laptop!!!!! Guess this means I have to come back soon though---the kids would LOVE it here!

2 Comments:

The Free Family Adventures said...

I am jealous! It looks like such fun. I am going to show your pics to Bryn Free to prove parents can get away. Trying to get a date night!!!!

Anonymous said...

Umm.. Zack's mean looks delicious but yours looks GROSS!!! Hahaha! I hope it tasted better than it looked!